Friday, October 17, 2008

Purse Book Project

This is the BIG project I was talking about, the one I said you were going to love using the Wish on a Scrap Kit. It looks like a purse, but it's actually a little photo holder! That's right, open this darling up and you've got a spot for 2 pictures! What a way to showcase your work!

I got this project idea from a blog called Stampspaperscissors. However, since I didn't have many of the items she used for her project, I kinda created my own variation of this darling little project, perfect for a gift for any female in one's life.

And I LOVE the way it looks at an angle. That fold is just so cool I think. Sure it could have been a flat based purse, but this gives it so much more character!
And here's the little detail on the front of the purse. The ribbon and hardware are not from this month's kit, but everything else is. As for the interior, well I decided to use 2 stamped images in the smaller areas, you could always use flowers but since I'm a book lover I decided to use images related to that. You can also see from this picture how I used velcro to adhere the top together.There are a few more pictures on my blog. Please swing by and say hello!

1 comments:

deb said...

I love this!! You did a great job on it!! The colors are gorgeous!!
What a great project and what a great job!!
hugz